Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Gross Inefficiency

That's all I can say about what I had to go through tonight to caucus here in Kansas.

For the 9th Senate District of Kansas, which encompasses much of western Olathe, Lenexa, and parts of DeSoto, expected to hold the Democratic caucus in a church for 600 people. It is estimated 2000 people showed up.

We had to relocate two blocks to the west to the county courthouse where they are now holding an outdoor caucus in the cold and mist, and perhaps snow later this evening.

It turns out I wasn't registered to vote, as I thought I had, and there was no one recieving new voter registration papers, at least not for the near future. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate, however it looks like Obama might pull out a win for Kansas.

I've submitted this to Drudge, hopefully someone picks this up. KMBC 9 news was there and I hope that this story gets publicity. This is rediculous!

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it. Obama is kicking the crap out of Clinton in Kansas. Your headcount predicament is common throughout the state.

Kipp

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Sir Knightly said...

So I've noticed, a fairly large margin compared to some other states.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger John Brown of Kansas said...

They were taking new registrations. Two of the three people immediately in front of me in line outside after the caucus location was moved to the courthouse were new voters.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it was possible to register as a new voter. In fact, that's one reason why the KDP is pretty happy re: last night. They registered thousands of new voters--in Olathe and statewide.

JB

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Sir Knightly said...

I kind of figured that they would be taking new registrations, there was so much confusion after they moved to the courthouse, I had no idea where to re-register! It was only after waiting for nearly half an hour that we decided it was becoming too much of a hassle.

I did email state Senator Lynn (9th district) about it, hopefully we can get a primary next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home