Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Stephen Colbert ~ 2008

I woke up this morning, and I didn't know what to wear.
So I went down to my computer, and sat in my chair
I logged online, and to my surprise
A new candidate for 2008: You Decide
His name is Stephen Colbert, the man from TV
His comedy show is very popular you see
I rubbed my eyes, in total disbelief
I could not believe, do my eyes deceive me?

Yes! It's true, his candidacy is real!
He's running for president, so what's the big deal?
The problem is simple, my friend, I shall tell
He will steal votes from candidates, who know all too well
That he is popular, very popular indeed
He has a soap box, it is your own TV

Advertising money? Campaign funds?
Next to nil, at least for this one
In fact HE will be paid, to run for that office
He even has a friend, the main star on The Office
His chances are good, he has a good following
But what if he loses? A political drowning

He would steal votes from other candidates
The next Ralph Nader
One might even call him, the next Darth Vader
He could cost the election, from the rightful winner
That's why in the end, he's just a silly prankster
How far will he go? I don't know, we'll see
But one thing's for sure, he's after the Presidency
As for what to wear, I think I shall choose
My "Stewart/Colbert" shirt, but it's your turn - you choose.

-By Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home