Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Humanity of High School

As I said earlier, my posts were likely to become more school oriented, and this is the first one to do just that. I recently started attending a new high school, ONW. Compared to my last high school, the Plaza Academy, this was a dramatic change. ONW is a typical public high school; it's only about 5 years old or so, it has cliques, it has sports teams; a typical public high school. Now prior to coming here, I've had time to think about my fate, who I might meet, what might happen, at this new school where I won't know hardly anyone.

Much to my surprise, the students at ONW are very hospitable, and whether it has to do with their upbringing or the fact that it is a new school, doesn't matter. If this is happening elsewhere, which I feel it may since Plaza Academy students are well known for their hospitality towards newcomers, could this be a sign of a new era in America, one reminescant of the past? Or could it be ONW is in one of the most conservative states?

Either way I just wanted to take the time to thank all the students and faculty I have encountered in my first week at ONW and to thank them for their hospitality and humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home